Brandpoint has partnered with Drive Research to conduct our second annual research report on the current and future state of the PR industry.
We surveyed 200 PR and marketing professionals in organizations of varying market presence and size to learn more about how their teams are working now and in the future. We asked these PR practitioners about trends and challenges, budget, AI, tools, metrics and more.
Some of the top trends we learned
- 96% PR professionals anticipate their budget will increase in 2024 and the next three years, a 15% increase from last year
- Nearly all those surveyed expected the integration between PR and digital marketing to increase in 2024
- The top uses of AI include creating different iterations of a piece of content, media pitches and content development
- 4 out of 5 PR professionals use the term “branded content” as it relates to their public relations tactics
- Technological advancements, increased information and maintaining reputation all were top themes when asked for trends and challenges
We hope that professionals in the PR and communications world will use this report to see how their teams stack up against the common trends and themes in other organizations in the industry.
These stats and responses will act as a guide for those who wish to elevate their efforts in the PR space to match with consumers’ growing expectations in the digital world, whether it be through thought leadership content, innovative tools and platforms or exciting social media engagement.