Content marketing is an invaluable tactic for professionals in the financial services industry. These marketers can use content to help customers understand complex subject matters, ease fears in a field where security is incredibly important and drive traffic to their website to boost awareness of their brand.
We partnered with Drive Research to conduct our second annual research report to learn about the state of content marketing for financial services in 2019. We asked over 400 financial marketers from all types of organizations how they felt about their current content marketing strategy and what the next year looks like for them.
We looked at four topics:
- The structure and knowledge level of marketing teams in financial services
- Budget changes, trends and allocation insights
- Effective tactics in marketing strategies and which benefits marketers see as a result
- Common challenges that financial marketers face in their organization and in the industry
Key findings from this year’s report:
- Two-thirds of financial marketers place a higher priority on attracting new customers than on informing current clients
- As with last year, social media tops the list as the most important marketing activity
- Keeping up with new techniques was cited as the largest challenge by over 50% of financial marketers
- Financial services professionals say that brand awareness and customer relationship building are the largest benefits of content marketing
Along with the results found in the 2019 survey, this resource also documents significant changes in answers that were cited in the 2018 report. This research will help marketers in the financial industry to see what common trends align with their efforts and how other organizations view content marketing. The report will also provide marketing agencies with a vital look into what challenges financial services clients are facing and what can be done to make their strategies more effective.