Study: The State Of Content Marketing For Financial Services in 2018
Content marketing is a solution that many financial marketers lean on to reach their current customers and find new ones. Considering this, we wanted to see how marketers at financial organizations use content marketing to respond to these changes and connect with their audience.
Brandpoint partnered with Drive Research and surveyed marketers from all types of organizations in the finance industry to learn more about the current state of financial content marketing.
We looked at four topics:
- The adoption and familiarity of content marketing in the financial services industry
- The average budget allocated to marketing and trends moving forward
- Which tactics are most common and which they view as most effective
- The most significant challenges to marketing financial services in 2018 and beyond
Key findings from the report:
- Nearly 3 in 4 (72 percent) stated their marketing budget will increase in the next year
- Social media is cited as the most important marketing activity to nearly 4 in 5 financial marketers
- Reaching the right audience is the biggest challenge for more than half of financial marketers
- Brand awareness is considered the largest benefit of content marketing, according to financial marketers
This research will help financial marketers compare their efforts to other organizations and get a bigger picture of the role content marketing plays. It’ll also help agencies better serve their financial service clients to understand their top challenges and how they view content marketing in 2018.