Maximizing your lead generation efforts is critical to marketing success. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for your audience to research, evaluate and ultimately buy your product or service. So what’s the best way to do this? Capitalize on the channels that will most directly target your audience and drive them to your brand. Here are four channels you should be using to generate leads and win sales.
According to HubSpot’s recent benchmarks report, companies that blog 6–8 times per month double their lead volume. This proves that blogging is a highly effective channel for lead generation. The most effective blogs have:
- A compelling headline.
- Relevant and useful information.
- Hyperlinks to landing pages within the copy of the post.
- A prominent call-to-action.
You may think email marketing is best used only when communicating with existing prospects and customers. Not so! Email can be a great channel for new lead generation. Just make sure your emails:
- Focus on an opt-in strategy.
- Are targeted and valuable to your audience.
- Are personalized.
- Include a robust call-to-action.
- Give people tools for sharing.
Social media isn’t just for posting pictures of your morning breakfast on Instagram. It’s about engaging with potential customers. To generate leads on social networks, be sure to:
- Conduct research to identify your audience and influencers.
- Establish a conversation with potential customers and build a relationship.
- Keep self-promotion to a minimum.
- Interact on a person-by-person basis and be available to answer questions.
- Invite followers to participate in something fun and memorable.
Organic search results are the web page listings that come up when your audience searches for something. Your goal is to make it easy for people to find your landing pages through search engines. To do this, use these SEO best practices on each landing page:
- Pick a primary keyword for each landing page.
- Place your primary keywords in your headline and subheadline.
- Include relevant keywords in the body of the content.
- Include keywords in the file name of images.
- Include the keywords in the page URL.
Exceptional lead generation results come from a willingness to experiment with different strategies across multiple channels. Don’t be afraid to try different tactics to find out what works best on each of these critical channels. That’s the key to maximizing your lead generation time and budget, and ultimately, to connecting with your audience and converting their interest into sales.