Content amplification is a general term used to get your content seen. Once you’ve created content, amplifying it through one or a combination of paid and organic digital promotion tactics will help your content cut through the noise and get the attention of new audiences. This will help your brand get more traffic to your website, increase brand awareness and/or generate new leads to support sales. It’s why amplification has become an essential component of content marketing strategies.
More specifically, social amplification is the sharing of your online content via social media platforms, increasing exposure for your business. Amplification occurs organically when users respond to your digital content by “liking” and sharing it on Facebook, for example, or retweeting content from a company representative. There are also paid methods available for social amplification. A strategy combining paid and unpaid methods of amplification can result in exponential growth of your business’s digital “word-of-mouth.”
Organic methods for amplification:
- Engage “influencers” (influential people) on social media such as Twitter, encouraging them to share your content with their followers
- Get involved in groups and niche communities on sites like LinkedIn, Inbound.org and Reddit, sharing useful information and posting content for each specific group.
- Credit relevant organizations, companies and influencers in your content to garner interest and encourage them to share.
- Implement tweetable snippets in your online content, so readers can easily share and tweet key quotes from your content.
Paid methods for amplification:
- Sponsored posts or ads on social media sites.
- Sponsored content partnerships with publishers from niche trade magazines to major media sites like BuzzFeed or Huffington Post.
- Content discovery platforms such as Taboola, Outbrain and Stack Adapt.
- Fixed-cost lead generation services to promote content on a network of websites.
- Appear on Twitter’s “who to follow” listing or promoted tweets using their paid service.