Video Marketing Statistics You Should Care About in 2019
“People have said that video is the future of marketing for the past five years … and it’s still the case. You’re not behind,” said Arik Hanson, a social media strategist and solopreneur from ACH, at the most recent PRSA Digital Storytelling Workshop.
I hate to break it to you, but video content and marketing are becoming increasingly intertwined. Video is a captivating medium that provides a platform for businesses to flex their creative muscles in their storytelling. You don’t have to take it from me or Arik, take it from the statistics; it’s next to impossible to find information that says otherwise. Here are the best video marketing statistics for 2019 that should convince you to integrate video into your marketing strategy:
It’s pretty obvious that internet users are on the rise. In fact, they’re growing at a rate of more than one million new users every day. That also means drastic increases in content. How do you make sure you rise above the noise? Create thumb-stopping video content. Check out the numbers surrounding the large audience reach that videos spur:
- Video is shared 1,200% more than links and text combined (Simply Measured)
- By 2019, 80% of global internet consumption will be video content (Inc. Marketing)
- Mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year (Forbes)
- With regard to digital advertisements, 4.6 billion video ads are watched every year. And they leave their mark; 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month. Video content is very auditorily and visually stimulating, as opposed to text-only content. It only makes sense that this is reflected in consumer recollection (HubSpot)
Consider increasing your budget to include video in your strategy, or risk falling behind the curve. As the Buggles famously sang in their 1979 hit, “Video Killed the [Text-Only Marketing] Star.” Content marketers ahead of their time.
- 93% of marketers say video creation is or should be a priority for the rest of 2019 (HubSpot). Don’t be in that 7% of laggers.
- 97% of businesses say that explainer videos help users understand their business better (WordStream)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Renderforest)
- 81% of marketers say they feature their videos on their brand’s website (Renderforest)
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns. Of that group, 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
Where are people consuming their content? It’s essential to keep this in mind when you’re creating your assets. It’s doing consumers a disservice if you disregard their point of view. When it comes to video, these are increasingly being viewed on mobile devices and, of course, YouTube.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, behind Google
- 40% of the videos watched on YouTube’s platform was from a mobile device (Inc. Marketing)
- But, B2B content is increasingly consumed on desktop and less on mobile devices (Impact Bound)
- According to an Invodo study, mobile and tablet shoppers are 300% as likely to view a video as laptop/desktop users
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound (Digiday)
People are watching more and more video, and they remember what they watch. So what? Can that actually positively impact business decisions? It turns out conversions, click-through rates, and other KPIs distinctly rise when video is involved.
- 90% of customers say video helps them make buying decision (Forbes)
- 64% of customers say that seeing a video makes them more likely to buy (HubSpot)
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300% (Inc. Marketing). If that isn’t music to video marketers’ ears, I don’t know what is.
- Conversion rates in landing pages increased by 80% if videos were embedded on the page (HubSpot)
- B2B marketers, listen up: 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post (Vidyard)
- HubSpot reports that 39% of business decision makers contact a vendor after viewing a branded video (Vidyard)
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year than otherwise (Vidyard). Use that number to get your boss to consider giving the video budget a boost.
When Creating Video Content, Consider:
A last few items to keep in mind as you incorporate video into your marketing tactics:
- 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes (AdAge)
- Videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 seconds and 1 minute (AdAge). The takeaway? Keep it short.
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20% (Inc. Marketing). Animating videos can be labor-intensive, but can go a long way.
- Videos get the most impressions from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Wednesdays (HubSpot)
- The most common video types are product videos, demos and explainers (Impact Bound)
The value of video content cannot be overstated. Let Brandpoint, a full-service production company, help tell your story by means of video.